Saturday, October 21, 2006

Devotions 20-10-06

Song of Solomon 6: 1-3
"Where has your beloved gone, O most beautiful among women? Where has your beloved turned that we may seek him with you?" My beloved has gone down to his garden, to the beds of balsam, to pasture his flock in the gardens and gather lilies. I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine, he who pastures his flock among the lilies."

I will continue the thought on intimacy this morning. Now it is restoring intimacy since it has been broken. Other's are aware of my broken intimacy and are willing to help. When my intimacy with God is broken do others see it and desire to help. They can not do much but to pray and to encourage me.

The great Shepherd is busy caring for his flock but He is concerned about each one because each one is unique and special to Him. Do I feel that special to God? I should and will when I restore my intimacy with Him. I can then say "I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine!"

Oh, how special it is to know I have an intimate relationship with the lover of my soul. I want to guard this relationship so very carefully. I must die to self and all that is involved in my selfishness and seek to love Him who loves me so much and has done so much to show His love to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home