Thursday, October 19, 2006

Devotions 18-10-06

Song of Solomon 4: 12 & 16
(Solomon) " A garden locked is my sister, my bride, a rock garden locked, a spring sealed up."
(bride) "Awake, O north wind, and come, wind of the south; make my garden breathe out fragrance, let its spices be wafted abroad. May my beloved come into his garden and eat its choice fruits!"

When Solomon describes his bride he says she is like a locked garden. He says it twice and then says she is a spring sealed up. There is nothing you can do to make your bride love you and express love to you. She must want to do so and only she can unlock the locks and break the seal to give her love to you.

I am like this spiritually, no one can force me to love God who loves me so dearly. Only I must unlock the locks to my life and break the seal so I am a spring to delight my God.

Then the bride describes her desire to return Solomon's love for her. She wants to be a delightful fragrance so he is eager to come in to her and enjoy the garden of her life.

Spiritually I believe the north and south winds are the Holy Spirit who is carrying the fragrance of Christ to our God. It is our praise and commitment to Christ that gives us the fruit of the Spirit that is so pleasant to God. He then fills our lives with joy and peace and purpose that nothing else in the world will or can give.

Lord, I am so grateful for Your Love and I desire to give back to you my whole being to bring You honor and glory. Lord, I do not want to lock You our of my life but to be always available to You. I need to love my bride the way that God loves His bride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home