Friday, October 20, 2006

Devotions 19-10-06

Song of Solomon 5: 5-6
(bride) "I opened to my beloved; and my hands dripped with myrrh, and my fingers with liquid myrrh, on the handles of the bolt. I opened to my beloved, but my beloved had turned away and had gone! My heart went out to him as he spoke, I searched for him, but I did not find him; I called him, but he did not answer me."

I do not want to become too analytical of what is said here. I am sure there is a lot to learn but mainly I want to focus on how fragile intimacy is. You can not create intimacy just when you want it. You must work on it all the time. This is true in a husband wife relationship and it is also with God.

Solomon came to have intimacy with his bride but she had a list of excuses and so when she finally got going Solomon was gone. She searched for him and called out to him but he was not available.

My intimacy with God is not at my whim. It is not a limitation with God but actually my limitation. It is me that needs to get my heart right with God and I cannot restore this intimacy with a quick prayer. I must deal with my refusal to let Him into my life when He is seeking me. I must make some time in my schedule to get more time with Him to begin to restore this intimacy. He wants it more than me so I must do my part in restoring it.

Lord when You come knocking on the door of my life help me to be always ready to invite You into my life. I know I cannot turn on or off intimacy but it must be faithfully nurtured. Lord, thank You for your mercy and patience with me. Lord, help me in applying this to my marriage as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home