Monday, October 16, 2006

Devotions 16-10-06

Song of Solomon 3: 7-8
"Behold, it is the traveling couch of Solomon; sixty mighty men around it, of the mighty men of Israel. All of them hold swords, expert in war; each man has his sword at his side guarding against the terrors of the night."

You may wonder how did swords and soldiers get into a book about love and intimacy. It is because we live in a world of evil and we must be prepared to fight against the evil that is all around us. To be too focused on love you will be unprepared for struggles the enemy brings into our lives.

In Heb 4:12 the bible is called the sword of the Spirit. So in a spiritual sense I need to always have the bible at my side ready to deal with evil that could attack me at any time. Even when I am going to a wedding as in Solomon's case. I Pet 5:8 tells us to be on the alert because our enemy the devil is looking for ways to do us harm. I must be ready with the Word of God to defend myself and to protect those I love.

It is wonderful to know that God has given us the means to fight our personal battles against the enemy. He has not left us defenseless but given us His Word so we might be safe from the tricks and evil schemes of satan. Lord, keep me alert to the evil that is all around me and by Your strength to stand against all evil that would come at me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home