Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Devotions 17-10-06

Song of Solomon 4: 1, 3, 7
"How beautiful you are, my darling, how beautiful you are! Your eyes are like doves behind your veil; your hair is like a flock of goats that descended from Mount Gilead." Your lips are like a scarlet thread, and your mouth is lovely. Your temples are like a slice of a pomegranate behind your veil." You are altogether beautiful, my darling, and there is no blemish in You."

Solomon is expressing to his bride how he views her and how special she is to him. As a husband do I express similar thoughts to my wife? I do work at it but I fall short many times. I know how important it is for my wife to hear these words from me.

Then I realize that this is also God speaking to me of His love for me and it is hard to believe that He really feels this way about me. I am without blemish because of the blood of Jesus that He shed for me and I am cleansed by faith in what He did for me on the cross. It is truly Amazing Grace!

I am grateful for God's love for me and all He has taught me about love. Lord, help me to be a loving husband that communicates to my wife how beautiful and precious she is to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home