Monday, October 16, 2006

Devotions 15-10- 06

Song of Solomon 2: 3-4
(bride) "Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest, so is my beloved among the young men. In his shade I took great delight and sat down, and his fruit was sweet to my taste. He has brought me to his banquet hall, and his banner over me is love."

I think it is sometimes difficult for men to be the bride because in this life I am a husband but spiritually I am part of the bride of Christ. I need to be loved as much as my wife and Christ is my lover.

The apple tree among the other trees is very unique. There generally is no apple trees in the general forest. Our God and Savior is unique and stands out from anyone else. He gives me fruit that is sweet to my taste and it is a delight to be sheltered from the sun by His shade.

Then Jesus brings me to a banquet all for me and the banner over me is Love. Does that make you feel special as it does me? I hope so.

Lord, help me to be more aware of how special I am to You and how special You are to me. There is no one who loves me as You do. I am humbled and grateful and my words of gratitude are so inadequate. The best I can do is to make my life available to You so You might work through me Your great works and bring honor and glory to You the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home