Friday, October 13, 2006

Devotions 13-10-06

Ecclesiastes 12: 13
"The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person."

This is the conclusion of the book of Ecclesiastes. This was written by Solomon and it appears that he was one of the masters of collecting wise sayings. His book of Proverbs is such a collection.

So the conclusion is to fear God and keep His commandments. How do I do this? How can I be sure that if or when I become successful that I will not become proud and forget God and become involved in the pleasures of this world.

I think what has helped me to keep my focus on God is the personal disciplines that I learned early in my Christian life. I sought to be around people who I admired and who encouraged me in the values I had set for my life. Even though I have failed many times God has been gracious to protect me from being trapped by the world and to lose my fear of God and the respect of His Word.

So where am I today in regarding fearing God and obeying His Word. I feel that this is true of my life but I want so much to do more than I am. I want to have a greater fear and respect of who God is and I want to obey His word far better than I am. Thank You Lord for this reminder of what is truly important in all of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home