Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Devotions 11-10-06

Ecclesiastes 10: 1
"Dead flies make a perfumer's oil stink, so a little foolishness is weightier than wisdom and honor."

Dead flies can ruin the smell of perfume being made. Flies are so small but perfume is a delicate item and just a little bad smell can ruin the aroma for which it was intended.

Foolishness can also be a very small act but can ruin the wisdom and honor that someone has earned. Satan delights is getting me to do foolish acts that will ruin the wisdom and respect that God has given me in my walk with Him. I must be very careful with my conduct so as to not dishonor the Lord by anything that I do or say. I must purpose to be pure in heart and mind and not allow the enemy to pull me into anything foolish.

If my focus is to honor the Lord and obey Him in all I do I will not need to be fearful of foolish conduct. It is when I fail to keep my focus on Jesus that I can do foolish things that will do great damage to the cause of Chirst and to my ability to minister to others. Again it is my time in God's Word and thinking on God's truth that protects me from foolishness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home