Monday, October 09, 2006

Devotions 09-10-06

Ecclesiastes 8:9
"Enjoy life with the woman whom you love all the days of your fleeting life which He has given to you under the sun; for this is your reward in life, and in your toil in which you have labored under the sun."

Mary Lou and I just returned from our weekend away celebrating our 47th wedding anniversary. I did enjoy the time with my bride which I feel was a gift from God for this Texas farm boy. At 73 I am becoming more and more aware of just how fleeting this life is. The reward of having such a wonderful and beautiful wife and one who loves me so much more than I ever dreamed is truly amazing to me.

We had a great time reading the Psalms of the day and praying for our family and friends. We wept and cried out for those struggling with hard life issues and prayed they would allow a loving God to deliver them. But we also just thought of all the celebrations God has given us these many years. We kissed and hugged and loved as true lovers should. We had perfect freedom with no guilt or things hidden in our past. We had nothing to say but deep appreciation for all we have learned from each other.

I was just thinking this morning how much I need to do this with my Lord. He loves me so much and I love Him deeply as well. I need to get protracted time with Him and just review all we have done together in this new life He has given me.

Lord, it has been truly amazing all You have done for me and Mary Lou and our four children. Now we have 14 grandchildren and we are trusting You to be for them what You have been for us. Lord, keep us faithful and loving You and each other as we should the remaining years of our days on earth. They are fleeting days for sure but we will have eternity with You and Your beautiful eternal Kingdom which will never end. I am looking forward to those years without end.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home