Monday, October 09, 2006

Devotions 08-10-06

Ecclesiastes 7: 19-20
"Wisdom strengthens a wise man more than ten rulers who are in a city. Indeed, there is not a righteous man on earth who continually does good and who never sins."

Let me share what the Message translation does with these verses.
"Wisdom puts more strength in one wise person than ten strong men give to a city. There is not one totally good person on earth, not one who is truly pure and sinless."

Wisdom is indeed a very valuable item to possess. So how do I get wisdom? Only God can give me the wisdom that is true wisdom. James 1:5 says "If any of you lacks wisdom let him ask of God who gives to all men generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him." So why do I not ask God more frequently
for this precious wisdom that is so valuable to living life? I guess I do not ask because of my sin and pride. I think that is what verse 20 is saying to me. So what should I do? Stay in a close relationship with God through Jesus Christ and cry out to God for wisdom in making every decision.

I must keep my relationship with God always clear and not allow sin to cloud my relationship with Him. I must seek and ask Him continually for wisdom in dealing with all of life's many issues. Lord help me to be truly humble and aware that I sin so very easily. Lord, I want to hate sin and love righteousness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home