Friday, October 06, 2006

Devotions 06-10-06

Ecclesiastes 6: 12
"For who knows what is good for a man during his lifetime, during the few years of his futile life? He will spend them like a shadow. For who can tell a man what will be after him under the sun?"

One of the big tricks of satan is to sprinkle truth into what is basically true. So Solomon has been caught in satan's trap by speaking of truth with some lies thrown in by his enemy, satan. It is only the Holy Spirit that can expose the lies that satan interweaves into statements of truth.

The first question is who knows what is good for a man during his lifetime, during the few years of his life. The lie is that it is not futile it has a very clear purpose with God. Who knows what is good for a man? It is God who has created us and wants to have a relationship with us. Yes, our life is like a shadow but it will have a great meaning and purpose when it is directed by God.

So what will come after me only God knows that but I can have an influence on the future by investing in my children or others that God gives me to minister to during the course of my life. If we are truly obedient to the Lord then God will guide us in preparing the next generation for the work that God has for them.

So the conclusion is that life is not futile but one of purpose and blessing when I am living it as God would have me live it. There are people to bring to Christ and to help build the eternal Kingdom of God. It is to rescue people from sin and darkness and the traps of the evil one to guide them to the eternal blessings of God and life that goes beyond this life. This life is very brief, much like a shadow, but in Christ we have eternal life.

Today is my 47th Anniversary of my wedding to Mary Lou the joy of my life and such a blessing to me everyday. Lord, I am so grateful for these many years of learning together what it means to love someone as You have taught us to love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home