Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Devotions 26-09-06

Prov 31
The last proverb and what is the key thought and how does this relate to all the other chapters preceding? We began with instructions on knowledge and wisdom and understanding. We learned the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. Through out the book we have instructions in practical matters and how to avoid the traps of evil that is always trying to pull us down.

Now this last chapter has nine verses for men and what they must be conscious of if they want to be a leader. The other twenty one verses are about the qualities of an excellent wife and how valuable she is. In verse 30 she is described as a woman who fears the Lord and that is the key to how she lives and what she does.

I have been trying to figure out how to summarize or write a conclusion to all I have read. I know a thorough study is needed to really do justice to all the rich thoughts that have been recorded. My conclusion is more from a personal view and what I have gained in having my devotions in the book the past 30+ days.

I must do all I can to gain the knowledge of God and seek for His wisdom and understanding. I must be morally pure and be deligent at whatever task God has for me to do. I must be alert to evil and know how to deal with it in a godly way. King Lemuel had wise words from his mom. Do not give your strength to women who are seeking pleasure and a selfish lifestyle. Along with that do not allow strong drink to become a part of your life. It will ruin you as much as immoral women. The thing the King is to do is to be aware of the needs of the unfortunate and to stand up for them and to protect them. I believe this is God's instructions to every leader wheather he is a King of a nation or leader of a city or the leader of his household. Do not use people or allow the unfortunate to be mishandled and associate with only those who are part of your leadership team or group. Be sure you care for everyone and not only the influencial.

Then most of the chapter is given to the excellent wife who is a super woman. I do not think God is saying every woman should be such a talented woman but she does have her priorities straight. She is caring for her husband and her children and managing her home well. If wives would follow this pattern we would have far less problems in our society and our world. The wives of godly men are important to the world in which we live. So God makes a special emphasis on the tasks of women and how they will be admired and praised. I am so fortunate to have such a wife and she is a precious gift from God to me. God does not have any instructions to single women but the fear of the Lord is the key for everyone. God does have more instructions in other parts of scripture.

Lord help me to pay close attention to all I have read in the book of Proverbs. I know this is a key book that I should know well. Thank You for my Dad who followed Your wisdom and who was an example to me. Lord keep me searching and digging for Your great truths that You have in this book of Proverbs but also the Book of Books the whole Bible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home