Thursday, October 05, 2006

Devotions 04-10-06

Ecclesiastes 5: 1-2
"Guard you steps as you go to the house of God, and draw near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools; for they do not know they are doing evil. Do not be hasty in word or impulsive in thought to bring up a matter in the presence of God. For God is in heaven and you are on the earth; therefore let your words be few."

There is an important attitude of respect I should have as I come into God's presence. If I am untaught in the scriptures I may approach God with very little respect and awe. This is not good. I am to come to God to learn and not tell Him how He should fix things. I must not be hasty with my words or allow my mind to spew out thoughts that are disrespectful to a Holy God.

If I am foolish and offer sacrifices that are inappropriate to a Holy God I could find my self doing evil rather than good. This is worth some thought. I sure do not want to be doing evil when I think I am doing good. The conclusion is that I need to make my words few. Share what is on my heart with God but do it with careful and thought through words. He is God above everything and I am on the earth. That is a very big difference. I must respect that difference with my reverence for who God is.

Lord, forgive me for my irreverence for You when I come into Your presence. I do want to listen to what You have to tell me in the Word more than what I have to say to You. I know both are important but as one needing to learn much I need to say few words and do a lot of listening to You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home