Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Devotions 03-10-06

Ecclesiastes 4: 9-12
Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor. For if either of them falls,the one will lift up his companion. But woe is the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up. Furthermore, if two lie down together they keep warm, but how can one be warm alone? And if one can over-power him who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart.

When I look at these thoughts I come up with four important truths. How to do work. How to support each other. How to encourage each other. And how to have strength.

In most tasks it is better to have two or more working together to get the job done quickly and correctly. If one of us makes a mistake the other one will catch it and we accomplish the work well. I think we all appreciate encouragement from those we are working with and I think that is the warmth we need from others. We also face problems and obstacles and I often get discouraged but my companion can give me strength.

It is important that the two of us appreciate each other and are working in harmony with each other. I must be careful to take serious thought of these important principles. This is especially important in a marriage.

This week I celebrate my 47th year married to Mary Lou. I am grateful for others who have helped me to realize the importance of these truths in our marriage. We have benefited so much by not being independent but interdependent. We need each other so we can be more effective and enjoy the life God gives us together in a greater way.

This is the first time I have linked all four of these verses together and seen how they support the power of unity and team. I thank You Lord for this past weekend in how you enabled us to begin to function as a team. We have a long ways to go but I trust this is the beginning of seeing believers in Estonia working together to make disciples for our Lord Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home