Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Devotions 27-09-06

Ecclesiastes 1: 17-18
"And I set my mind to know wisdom and to know madness and folly; I realized that this also is striving after wind. Because in much wisdom there is much grief, and increasing knowledge results in increasing pain."

All that Solomon is saying is true when I do not have a relationship with the God of all creation. Although Solomon was a very wise man he many times left God out of the equation and it amounts to vanity or worthlessness. This whole little book is explaining that life apart from God can be a miserable existence. No wonder people turn to all sorts of addiction because they refuse to allow God to be the focus of their lives.

So having the wisdom of the world and having great knowledge is a worthless pursuit because that will not make me happy. I can have all sorts of academic degrees and be an expert in many things because of my knowledge but I will still be miserable and without joy because I have left God out of my life.

I am grateful for the education I have been able to acquire but most of all I am grateful for the knowledge of God and to have real life through His Son, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful that education is not the answer to a meaningful life but God. Everyone can have this free gift of life by faith in the Lord Jesus. Thank You Lord for Your marvelous plan of the ages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home