Monday, September 25, 2006

Devotions 25-09-06

Prov 31: 1-9
"The words of King Lemuel, the strong advice his mother gave him. "Oh, son of mine, what can you be thinking of! Child who I bore! The son I dedicated to God! Don't dissipate your virility on fortune-hunting women, promiscuous women who shipwreck leaders.

Leaders cannot afford to make fools of themselves, gulping wine and swilling beer, Lest hung over, they do not know right from wrong, and the people who depend on them are hurt. Use wine and beer only as sedatives to kill the pain and dull the ache of the terminally ill, for whom life is a living death.

Speak up for the people who have no voice for the rights of all the down-and-outers. Speak out for justice! Stand up for the poor and destitute!"

There seem to be three major issues that men who are leaders must avoid: 1. Give your life and your strength to sensual women who are out for a good time and will wreck your life and career. 2. Being involved with strong drink that causes a man to have poor judgment and make unwise decisions. 3. As a leader I must speak up for people who have no voice and others are taking advantage of them.

There are two things to avoid and one to do. These must be serious threats to a leader or God would not have listed them in His Word. I thank my father who taught me these facts before I knew they were in the scriptures. I praise the Lord for how He has continued to protect me from these pitfalls these many years.

I pray I would be able to share these truths with my grandchildren so they will be protected and be godly men. I pray my granddaughters would be careful to choose men who have these same standards. Your ways are the best ways Lord and I pray for the strength to teach others how important what you say is for each one of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home