Monday, October 02, 2006

Devotions 02-10-06

Ecclesiastes 3: 17
I said to myself, "God will judge both the righteous man and the wicked man," for a time for every matter and for every deed is there.

In reading Ecclesiastes I have concluded that it is not very easy to understand and it requires more of a study than just a casual reading. I do not have time to do a study but will try to glean what I can from a meditative reading.

What stands out to me is that there is a time in which God will judge the righteous as to what they have done with their time and what they have done for enjoyment or pleasure and for whatever work they have done. In another translation matter was translated as delight so I have used the word pleasure for delight.

II Cor 5:10 "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad."

This is what the Apostle Paul wrote to the Corinthians in the New Testament. So it is something to take careful note of since this truth is in both the Old and the New Testament of the Bible.

This is a good reminder to me that I must not be careless of my time or what I do in my life because God will judge the way I use my life someday. It is a good reminder because I do want to use my life in the best way. I know God's way is best. God always has my best interest in His heart.

Lord, help me to be so very conscious of how I use my minutes and hours of the day You give to me. I think I have become a little careless in how I use my time and I want to change that. I must use my time to be in the Bible more and seek to evaluate my applications in my Devotions better than I have. Thank You Lord for the health and strength You have given to me so I might serve You in building Your Kingdom on earth as it is in Heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home