Thursday, September 28, 2006

Devotions 28-09-06

Ecclesiastes 2: 15
"Then I said I to myself, "As is the fate of the fool, it will also befall me. Why then have I been extremely wise?" So I said to myself, "This too is vanity."

In the first seventeen verses of this chapter two the word myself appears ten times. Solomon was doing all these things for himself and not the Lord or for others or for his nation Israel. So he accomplished great things but they were all for himself. Self was the focus and not God. The end results is that it has no lasting value and it will soon all crumble.

I must be warned by Solomon's example that I too could live my life with God all for myself. I could do some good things and accomplish some notable deeds but there would be no eternal work for God's Kingdom.

I do not want to live my life for myself but for God and for others. I want to be like Jesus who gave His life so others might have life and have life that is full of meaning and purpose; the goal of exalting Jesus and not myself and helping others to know Him and the joy of serving Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home