Thursday, October 05, 2006

Devotions 05-10-06

Ecclesiastes 5:18
"Here is what I have seen to be good and fitting: to eat, to drink and enjoy oneself in all one's labor in which he toils under the sun during the few years of his life which God has given him; for this is his reward."

This sounds so much like a liberal Christian who claims to be a Christian but does not speak of God in a personal way. He recognizes God but does not include Him in every facet of life. So the need to enjoy life and enjoy one's work is so important but there is more to life than this.

Life is full when God is with me in my work, my living, and in my pleasures. It is God that gives me satisfaction and not the tasks or the pleasures that I do. It is worship of God and sharing Him with others who do not know Him that gives a purpose to life beyond what I am doing. Solomon is missing all of this and that is why he drifted away from God as he got older.

What a wonderful privilege to be God's servant and to be working to build God's Kingdom which is eternal. Life is not full of vanity but full of purpose and joy and seeing God do amazing things in the lives of those just getting to know Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home