Sunday, September 24, 2006

Devotions 24-09-06

Prov 30: 18-19
"There are three things which are too wonderful for me, four which I do not understand. The way of an eagle in the sky, the way of a serpent on a rock, the way of a ship in the middle of the sea, and the way of a man with a maid."

Do you find it interesting the four examples that Solomon chooses to explain a beautiful or mysterious example? I understand the beauty of an eagle in the sky so free and so powerful. There is no other bird to match their beauty and power. They definitely control the airways of birds. The serpent on a rock is a bit of a puzzle to me. I do not like snakes anyway and I am afraid I do not see much beauty in them. Yet these are both creatures that God has made and there is beauty in them.

The third beautiful picture is the way of a ship in the middle of the sea. How many pictures have you seen of a sailing ship in the middle of the sea? There are many! There is something adventuresome about sailing the vast seas of God's creation.

The fourth is the picture of a man with a young lady. God created man and woman to be together in love and respect. In courtship they both treat each other so very special. This is the way God wants husbands and wives to treat each other all their lives. Yet we find it impossible to do without God's help and grace. All God has created needs His touch or His ways to make it work the way He created it to work. That which is so beautiful can turn really ugly when it is not done God's way.

Four beautiful items of God's creation: 1. The eagle is the sky. 2. A serpent on a rock. 3. A ship sailing on the sea. 4. The love relationship between a man and a young lady. Do all these cause me to stand in awe of how great God is? Do I worship God when these come to mind? I should!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home