Thursday, September 21, 2006

Devotions 21-09-06

Prov 29:15-17
" The rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child who gets his own way brings shame to his mother. When the wicked increase transgression increases; but the righteous will see their fall. Correct your son, and he will give you comfort; He will also delight your soul."

What a wonderful promise concerning rearing children to be a joy to parents. I did not follow this perfectly with my children but God has been gracious to give me some wonderful children. I did spank them when they were little and sought to love them even in doing so. I tried to follow this principle as best as I could.

It is important to notice that Solomon added the thought that wickedness will always lose out to the righteous. If I want my children to be on the winning side of life I must be diligent to teach them righteousness.

So the reminder again that it is wise to correct my children and they will give me
comfort and even be the joy of my soul. Oh, how wonderful and great is our God who instructs me in the right things to do that which will bring me joy and success.

God teaches me the way He wants me to teach my children. He will discipline me and bring difficulties into my life so I might learn that His way is the best for me and those I love. When I obey I find great peace and joy and when I disobey I find life very difficult. Thank You Lord for Your great love and grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home