Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Devotions 18-09-06

Prov 28:25-26
"An arrogant man stirs up strife, but he who trusts in the Lord will prosper. He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, but he who walks wisely will be delivered."

An arrogant man or one filled with pride destroys harmony among others. He thinks his way is the best and he does not want to consider what ideas others may have. If I trust in the Lord I will seek to know what others may think because God may give them ideas that I have not considered. I want to be one that trust the Lord and creates harmony among others. I want to see God honored in the lives of His people and have His blessings on my life.

A person who trust in his own heart is close to being like the prideful man. Rather than trusting my own heart I must seek to be wise and seek the wisdom of others. If I walk wisely, God will deliever me from the snares and pit falls that the enemy of my soul has for me. It is so difficult to keep from trusting what I think is right and being doubtful of what others would suggest. I must seek God's wisdom and the wisdom of those who genuinely walk with God.

Thank You Lord for Your word that carries the wisdom of the ages. You have given men wisdom in the past and You are still doing that today. I want to be among those men who seek Your wisdom and can discern what is wise and what is unwise. Give me Your wisdom Lord as I wait before You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home