Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Devotions 19-09-06

Prov 31:29-31
"Many daughters have done nobly, but you excel them all." Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised. Give her the product of her hands, and let oher works praise her in the gates.

Today is my Sweetheart's birthday and the above verses describes her. In verse 28 it says, "Her children rise up and bless her; her husband also and he praises her, saying: " Then follows is verses 29-31. So I am jumping ahead in Prov to catch these verses for Mary Lou's birthday.

I know there are many noble women in the world but Mary Lou is very special to me out of all the women of the world. Only one woman has loved me and been at my side as we have sought to serve the Lord in many places of the world.

Her fear of the Lord and devotion to the Lord has given her a charm and beauty that is only given by the Lord. She is praised by her four children, her fourteen grandchildren and I can never praise her enough. Others we have ministered to have also praised her for her example as a godly woman and her ministry to them.

Thank You Lord for a special lady these nearly 47 years. Give me wisdom in making this day very special for her. I pray You would bless her in a special way far beyond what I or others could possibly do. I pray our dinner with Helen would be a very special time and filled with good surprises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home