Thursday, September 21, 2006

Devotions 20-09-06

Prov 29:1
"A man who hardens his neck after much reproof will suddenly be broken beyond remedy."

I think what Solomon is saying in today's language is; "A person who is stubborn and refuses to listen to corrections and instructions will all at once find themselves in deep trouble and no way to get out."

I do not think I am such a person but I know I have been stubborn a few times and have paid the price for not listening to wise advice. I have known some very wonderful people who just will not take advice but must always do things the hard way,their way, and I wish I could help them but they will not let me. Often they go through much heart ache and pain and my heart goes out to them but I am helpless to help them. I cannot help anyone useless they want my help.

I definitely do not want to refuse to listen to God's advice and demand my own way and get in trouble with God. I know God often uses those close to me to guide me in His way so I want to be careful to listen to those who love me and care about me to consider carefully what they say.

Lord, Your purposes and plans are solid and will not be changed. You will accomplish Your work in others regardless of what they do but it may be very painful and disappointing in the process. I am grateful that You are the blessed controller of all things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home