Friday, September 15, 2006

Devotions 15-09-06

Prov 28:13
"He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but her who confesses and forsakes them will find compassion."

What a wonderful promise from God. If I try to hide what I do wrong God says I
will not prosper. Probably for several reasons. One my conscience will bother me and I will be miserable and not have good judgment. I may be caught in my wrong and be exposed as a unfaithful man or a liar. That could end or tarnish my position before others. My wrong could be exposed in other ways and that would prevent me from prospering.

On the other hand if I acknowledge my wrongs and I turn from them God says I will find compassion and forgiveness. Ps 32:5 says "I will acknowledge my sin to You, and my iniquity I did not hide; I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to the Lord'; and You did forgive the guilt of my sin." A clear conscience is a powerful strength to our being. A guilty conscience is a drain to our strength and our ability to perform as we are capable.

I want to be a man who is quick to acknowledge wrong or anything that others may conceive to be wrong. I will not deny truth and what is right. I will follow God's standards on what is right and what is wrong. The Word of God, the Bible, is my guide in determining what is right and what is wrong. Help me Lord to be faithful to You and Your Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home