Monday, September 11, 2006

Devotions 11-09-06

Prov 26:24-26
"He who hates disguises it with his lips, but he lays up deceit in his heart. When he speaks graciously, do not believe him, for there are seven abominations in his heart. Though his hatred covers itself with guile, his wickedness will be revealed before the assembly."

I must be alert to the fact that there are people in the world that hate me. The world contains hate and love and everything in between. God gives us some insight on how to recognize hate when it is present.

Someone who hates will disguise his hate by saying nice things but in his heart he has wicked plans. I need to be careful and evaluate gracious words and not believe all I hear. Sometimes there are many wicked plans behind gracious speech. I can be confident that a person's hatred will eventually be revealed for all to see. The important issue is for me not to be deceived by flattery speech and gracious words that are a trick to take advantage of me in some way.

I must remember that hatred is very seldom honest but will dress itself to be pleasing and kind to me but planning to do me harm. So I must be alert and seek God's help in discerning what is true about what others may say.

I do not like to be always on the alert to what people say to me but I must not be naive either. I want to be gracious to everyone and kind but to be discerning in my relationships. I am grateful that God is my protector and He will reveal to me evil that is around me. Thank You Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home