Monday, September 11, 2006

Devotions 10-09-06

Prov 25:26-28
"Like a trampled spring and a polluted well is a righteous man who gives way before the wicked. It is not good to eat much honey, nor is it glory to search out one's own glory. Like a ciy that is broken into and without walls is a man who has no control over his spirit."

I have chosen three proverbs that speak to important issues in life and one's that I want to be in my life. A righteous man who will not allow wicked men to do what they want; not to seek glory for myself and a man that is in control of his spirit.

As a righteous man I must stand up to the wicked and not allow them to have their way in spreading evil when it is in my power to stop them. If I do I am failing the Lord and allowing someone to polute a very good spring and making it useless to drink from. I must stand up to the wicked and not allow evil to have freedom to destroy what is good and right.

I like honey but to much of it will make me sick. I like to be appreciated and to receive deserved glory but to seek for it can be to much and it is not good for me. All my glory belongs to the Lord anyway and glory is always short lived. I do not want to allow any glory to give me pride that is destructive. I must be careful with any glory that may be given to me.

A city is very insecure that has no protection against evil and a man that can not control his spirit is also very unprotected. Part of the fruit of the Spirit of God is self control which is listed in Gal 5:22 & 23. God wants me to in control of my own spirit and to be calm and poised for whatever I may face in life.

When I stand up against the wicked I must be calm and in control of my spirit. I must honor the Lord in doing so. If I am praised for such actions I must be careful not take to much. It really all belongs to God and I will receive enough glory that God is honored and that is enough. I must be in control of my spirit in both cases. Lord thank you for your instructions in how to live life and honor You in all I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home