Friday, September 08, 2006

Devotions 08-09-06

Prov 24: 23-26
"These also are sayings of the wise. To show partiality in judgment is not good. He who says to the wicked, "You are righteous," peoples will curse him, nations will abhor him; but to those who rebuke the wicked will be delight, and a good blessing will come upon them. He kisses the lips who gives a right or honest answer."

The Message says: It is wrong, very wrong to go along with injustice. Whoever whitewashes the wicked gets a black mark in the history books, but whoever exposes the wicked will be thanked and rewarded. An honest answer is like a warm hug.

These are wise sayings and it would be good for me to remember them. I assume that anyone can be tempted to be unwise in these matters and it is good to have it in writing so I am careful in what I do.

So I must be careful to judge correctly and not be partial to anyone. My goal is to judge what is right and what is wrong. I never want to call the wicked righteous and I want expose wickedness for what it is. I want to be honest in all answers that I give.

I am grateful for those that have been an example to me in these issues. My father was such a man. It is not always easy to keep this standard but it is wise and correct.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home