Saturday, September 09, 2006

Devotions 09-09-06

Prov 25:11-13
"Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a word spoken in right circumstances. Like an earring of gold and an ornament of fine gold is a wise reprover to a listening ear. Like the cold of snow in the time of harvest is a faithful messenger to those who send him, for he refreshes the soul of his masters."

Three wise sayings concerning communications. Much of life is all about communications. Is this the right time to share something or should I wait? The one I am talking with are they really listening or do other things have their attention? Do I have a faithful messenger to send a message when I am not able for some reason?

The description in the verse is a very pricy setting that is equated to some one saying a word in the precise timely situation. I must treasure those words I might be able to speak to someone at just the right moment. God is the only one who can bring about such a perfect situation. I should spend much time in prayer when I need to tell someone something important that needs delicate handling. It is not just what I say but how I say it that is so very important and when I say it.

The next communication warning is to a wise reprover. Someone I need to correct about a serious matter. Again it is a matter of timing and discerning if this is the right situation to correct. The one I need to correct are they in a mode of listening to others or maybe they need affirming more than they need correcting. It is my responsibility to know as best as I can if they will really listen to what I need to say. Again much prayer and sensitivity to the person I must communicate valuable information. Again it is a beautiful picture of communication when it is done right.

The third is communicating through someone else when I am unable to do it. It is always better to do it yourself but that is not always possible. So I must look for a faithful messenger that I can trust. That may require some work and some careful evaluating but it is so important. Am I getting the message in all three of these situations?

I must be careful to choose the right time to communicate. Any old time is not going to work out well. I must be sensitive to the person I am communicating and determine if they will be able to listen. If not I must choose another time or try to help them to have a listening ear. Then the last is I must be sure I find a faithful messenger if I want my message to get to the intended party. That is a lot of work on me in my communicating. Am I taking my communicating as serious as I should?

Thank You Lord for giving me advice in my responsibilities when I am seeking to communicate with others. I must pray more before I speak and be more alert to how others are feeling before I talk with them about important issues.I do know that so many problems develop due to poor communications and I want to avoid those problems for others sake as well as mine. Lord help me to be wise in my communication with others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home