Thursday, September 07, 2006

Devotions 07-09-06

Prov 24: 3-4
"By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; and by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches."

A good cross reference to building a house is found in Ps 127:1 "Unless the Lord builds the house they labor in vain who build it..." It is not a small matter to build a house or building a home. I think house is not refering only to the structure but to the character of those that are in the house. I am grateful for the wisdom God gave to me in building the house and home He has given me.

Then it is established by understanding. I have seen many homes in my lifetime that have been destroyed or that have never been established because of lack of understanding. Understanding requires humulity, listening, admitting when wrong, responsibility, a lot of hard work and genuine love. Oh, the joy of a home that is well established and is a place of safety where I can rest.

Knowledge fills the house with many precious memories that will last forever. It is not things that gives me lasting memories but relationships. Relationships I must work on from the day they begin until life is finished. Knowing how to relate and how to be more concerned for others than myself.

Obviously since God must build my house or home He also must give me understanding in getting it established. I must seek to know Him and His ways to fill it with the memories that are eternal. So I need His wisdom, understanding and knowledge to have a house or home that will be a joy to me and those that are in it. Most of all it should be honoring Him who has built it in the first place.

I am so grateful to the Lord for all He has done for Mary Lou and me these nearly 47 years of having a home built upon the foundation of Jesus Christ. He brought it into being and has taught us understanding and continues to give us knowledge so we can relate properly to our four children and fourteen grand-children. Thank You Lord for Your great love for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home