Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Devotions 12-09-06

Prov 27:1-2
"Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth. Let another praise you , and not your own mouth."

It is easy to assume that I have years to live and tomorow is just another day. When I do this I fail to make each day count as if it were my last day. I need to be grateful to God for today and do my best in all that is before me. It could be my last day. If I thought this way I would be more careful with relationships and appreciate the small things of life much more. I would be grateful to others more for all they have done for me. I would be more diligent to finish the tasks that I need to do.

It is easy to boast of things I do when others fail to see what I am accomplishing. I must not be concerned about what others think except for God. I want to do my work well to please Him and that I might seek to bless others and not seek praise for myself. I need to find pleasure and joy in the work I do and not in praise I might gain from others.

Thank you Lord for today and for the days leading up to today. Let me use my time wisely today and find joy in what I am doing. I will committ my work to You and allow You to give me praise that I might need from others. I truly want to praise You and bring praise to You in the way I live and trust You for everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home