Thursday, September 14, 2006

Devotions 13-09-06

Prov 27: 17-19
"Iron sharpen iron, so one man sharpens another. He who tends the fig tree will eat its fruit; and he who cares for his master will be honored. As in water face reflects face, so the heart of a man reflects man."

Iron is sharpened when you put pressure on two pieces of iron and rub them together. The iron gets heated up and I can sharpen a blade with this action. So it is with people when I have a close relationship with them. We can put pressure on one another to do what is right and to obey God and that is what we both really want to do. I must be of like heart with someone in order to have this freedom.

If I am responsible to care for a fruit tree then I have the right to eat the fruit it produces. If I work for someone my responsibility is to help them to be successful. When I am faithful in doing this God says I will be honored. Even if my boss does not honor me it is still an honorable work that others will see and I am honored for my character and loyalty. Obeying God's Word is always the wisest thing to do.

When I look into a pool of still water I will see my face. So it is when I listen to what is on someone's heart I will know that person for who they are. Listen to what they talk about the most and you will know what is on their heart. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. So we need to be good listeners to know what sort of person I am dealing with.

I want friends that will challenge me and help me to be the man I want to be. I want to serve those over me and help them to be successful and not concerned only about my work and my success. I want to listen to others carefully so I might get to know them so I can encourage them and know their true character. I know any close relationship will affect my thoughts and actions and I want no one to pull me away from my close relationship with my Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home