Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Devotions 05-09-06

Prov 22:17-21
"Incline your ear and hear the words of the wise, and apply your mind to my knowledge; for it will be pleasant if you keep them within you, that they may be ready on your lips. So that your trust may be in the Lord, I have taught you, even you. Have I not written to you excellent things of counsels and knowledge, to make you know the certainty of the words of truth that you may correctly answer to him who sent you?"

I would like to tie these five verses together a little to see the sequence and the purpose of why God has given us these thoughts in His Word, the Bible. I see seven points God is communicating to me.

1. The process- Listen to what He has to say and learn and apply them to my life. Maybe even memorize them and do more thinking on what He says me.

2. The resource- It is His knowledge and truth that I need which gives all men wisdom who will listen and apply. II Tim. 3:16 Eccles 12:11

3. The goal- That I would trust God and let Him be my all sufficiency. Prov 3:5 and Ps 62:8

4. Personal- This message is to me to do something with. I must do something. This is not for my friends are anyone else. It is me. Everyone must have this same attitude and take what God says very personally.

5. Resources again- We always want to stay ever so close to what God has given to us in His Word. We can get off track so very easily when we are not listening to His knowledge and His ways.

6. Sub goal- Handling the Word of God accurately or correctly. II Tim 2:15 God gives us counsel and knowledge in handling His truths.

7 The test- II Cor 5:10 We must all give an account to God for the way we have used our lives and what He has given to us. The unbelievers will be judged but the believers will be given a reward depending on what they have done with what God has given to them. Have we done much with what we have been given or have we done very little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home