Monday, September 04, 2006

Devotions 04-09-06

Prov 22:20-21
"Have I not written to you excellent things of counsels and knowledge, to make you know the certainty of the words of truth that you may correctly answer to him who sent you?"

This is how I would try to say the same thing in my own words. "Have you read what I have written to you before about counsels and knowledge to help you to be sure of the words of truth so you you may answer him who sent you with confidence and integrity?"

The issue is how am I handling the words of truth? God gives me counsel and knowledge in how to do this with integrity and confidence. He is seeking to help me to be a faithful servant of the living God of all creation. It is a very serious and important work that should be done with excellence. The one who has sent me is really God but I may have leaders over me that I am responsible to. In any case I want to be handling the words of truth with confidence and integrity.

Lord, help me to pay close attention to the counsel and knowledge You have made available to me in Your Word. I do want to share the words of truth with clarity and confidence but most of all with integrity. What a privilege to share Your truth with others so they might know and experience joy and confidence in Your greatness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home