Sunday, September 03, 2006

Devotions 03-09-06

Prov 22:17-19
"Incline your ear and hear the words of the wise, and apply your mind to my knowledge; for it will be pleasant if you keep them within you, that they may be ready on your lips. So your trust may be in the Lord, I have taught you today, even you."

Let me try to put this into my own words and then I will make a few comments on these verses. Tomorrow I will do verses 20 and 21 and on Tuesday try to tie all these five verses together as I understand them.

Listen very carefully to the words of the wise and engage your mind and thoughts to God's knowledge. ( I say God's knowledge because of the belief that all scripture is inspired by God - II Tim 3:16) Because God's knowledge will be for your personal benefit if they are deep within your life so you can speak of them very easily. This is so your confidence and trust may be in the God of all creation. I am teaching you this truth today. Listen carefully because this is for you.

I was amazed this morning as I read these words. I felt like God was saying this to me in such a personal way. I think these are some verses that I must memorize and meditate on for some days.

I do want to be a wise man with the wisdom from God. If this is true then I must listen and get my mind to take seriously what God is saying. God knows how I tend to drift away from the confidence that I know I should have in God. I want to be able to share God's truth with others with only a moments notice. They must be on the tip of my tongue and easily shared with clarity. What this will produce in me is the confidence and trust in God that I so long to possess. This is where God gets very personal. I am talking to you today. It is you and no one else.

It reminds me of my mom or dad talking to me very seriously when I was a young lad. "Son I am talking to you and I want you to pay attention. I am talking to you so look me in the eye and listen"!

God is such a loving God to pay so much attention to someone like me. I am a nobody but God is trying to teach me, even me, the knowledge that He has that will be of such benefit to me. God, the eternal God, wants me to know the value and the peace of trusting in Him completely. He is worthy of such trust and it will make my life so much easier regardless of what I may face. Thank You Lord, for taking the time to talk to me and helping me to know and understand who you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home