Friday, September 01, 2006

Devotions 01-09-06

Prov 21:20-22
"There is precious treasure and oil in the dwelling of the wise, but a foolish man swallows it up. He who pursues righteousness and loyalty finds life, righteousness and honor. A wise man scales the city of the mighty, and brings down the stronghold in which they trust."

I think we have here in these three verses how a wise man deals with money, what he pursues in life and how he handles opposition or difficulties.

In the first case the wise man uses his money wisely and accumulates treasure and oil. Treasure is a savings plan. Saving up for important purchases or investments. Oil in those days was for healing or health. So a wise man knows how to care for his health.

If a wise man will pursue righteousness and loyalty the results will be that he will find life, righteousness and honor. So real life is being righteousness and loyal to those I know and associate with. I have said before that God places a high value on loyalty. Here is more proof. The end results is that the wise man will find honor in doing these simple things.

The third thing a wise man will do is not be afraid of the mighty. In his wisdom he will be able to find a way to defeat those that are opposing him and creating problems. Wisdom is better that might. God gives us wisdom. James 1:5

So what is my application? I must use my money wisely and save for things that are important. I must pray for wisdom in saving and in how to take care of my health. To be wise I must pursue righteousness and be loyal to those with whom I deal with regularly. This must be my focus and then God will give me life and honor as He chooses. The last is I must not be afraid of difficulties and mighty people that stand in my way of accomplishing what God wants me to do. I will trust in the wisdom that God gives to bring down those strongholds so God's kingdom can be accomplished. I want to be a wise man and not a foolish one in all that I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home