Thursday, August 31, 2006

Devotions 31-08-06

Prov 21:1-3
"The Kings's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He wishes. Every man's way is right in his own eyes, but the Lord weights the heart. To do righteousness and justice is desired by the Lord rather than sacrifice."

The Queen of Scotland feared the prayers of John Knox, a presbyterian minister, more than all her enemies. He was a praying man and God heard his prayers because He sought the Lord. God can change leaders hearts if what I am praying is for the glory of God and to advance His Kingdom.

I must be forever conscious that what I think is right will be weighed by the Lord. He will change my plans if my plans are not right. He does this out of love and deep concern for me. He knows what is best for me and everyone else.

To do what is right and just is more pleasing to the Lord than any sacrifices I may make. Sometimes when I make sacrifices they are more for my benefit than it is for others. God desires for us to make sacrifices for others but not at the expense of doing what is right and just at the same time. My sacrifices are to serve others and bring God honor and glory but this is not at the expense of everyday responsibilites and duties.

Lord, I must pray more for leaders and those in authority that their decisions will give freedom for the message of the gospel to spread to others around me. I must remember that holy prayer to You is very powerful. Help me Lord to be ever conscious that You will test my ways and change them as You see best. I do not want to be selfish with what I have but teach me what are the right sacrifices that you desire for me to make. Help me to be right and just in my daily responsibilities. Lord, help me to do these things and not just know them. I pray that as I write these thoughts out it would be another way of helping me to do these. This is my prayer to You!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home