Monday, August 28, 2006

Devotions 28-08-06

Prov 19:27
"Cease listening, my son, to discipline, and you will stray from the words of knowledge."

The way I understand it is as follows. If I quit paying close attention to good instructions and do nothing with it then I will soon find myself in trouble. I will even move away from the knowledge I currently have.

God has given me His Word to teach me and to instruct me in how I should live life. If I quit paying attention to what God says I will soon not be doing what I once knew to be right and true. I think this sentence is an amazing truth and I see it working in peoples lives all around me.

Christians once alive and eager to follow God and obey Him are now just church attenders or infrequent attenders. They have quit listening to instructions from God and they are no longer obeying the truths of God.

Lord, I desire to pay close attention to Your instructions and follow them all the days of my life. I want to hang on to Your knowledge and truth and to live by them consistently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home