Sunday, August 27, 2006

Devotions-27-08-06

Prov 19:20-21
"Listen to counsel and accept discipline, that you may be wise the rest of your days. Many are the plans in a man's heart, but the counsel of the Lord, it will stand."

Let me put this in my own words as I understand it. "Pay attention to advice and think seriously about instruction that has been given me. This will help me to be wise as long as I live. I know I have many plans I would like to accomplish but I must evaluate these before God. I know that if I follow God's counsel and adapt my plans to fit His plans they will be accomplished." I must pray and wait before God to see this really happen.

I am not good at getting counsel from others and working through what others have to say. I know I would be wiser if I would do this more. Not that I need to do exactly what others are saying to me but there is some insight and information there that I should carefully consider before the Lord.

I do not pray over my plans as much as I ought nor do I filter my plans through the Word of God as much as I should. I think these verses come to me at an important time when I am making some crucial ministry plans right away and personal plans for the next few years.

Lord, I do want to listen to the thoughts and advice of others and get a different perspective on what I am wanting to do, or what I feel You are saying to me. I want to be wise and I want to fit into the plans you have for us and others. I desire for Your plans to be my plans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home