Friday, August 25, 2006

Devotions 25-08-06

Prov 18:22
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord."

I have heard it said that the finding is not from seeking but more of an accidental find. It is like walking along and you find money in your path; that is a good find. So a man is to seek God and to walk in His ways and God will place the right woman in his path. He does need to be attentive and know when he finds her that he has found a good thing.

I found Mary Lou as I was seeking to grow in Christ. I was drawn to her desire to know her Lord and to share His message with those that were around her. I was attracted to her joyful spirit and her eagerness to learn. Besides that she was very beautiful and easy to talk with . I found a good thing and asked her to be my bride nearly 47 years ago.

I think the favor we find with God is because we are willing to take one of His daughters and to love her as Christ has loved us.We then become a living example of Christ and the church for the world to observe. God wants me to lead and my bride to be my helper in making Christ known to a lost and confused world. In the process God blesses us and we find great joy in each other but our focus is still Christ our head and our King.

Lord, how can I praise you more for all You have done for me and Mary Lou. What a privilege it has been to be your servant and enjoy one of Your precious daughters to be my special bride. Just 42 days until our 47th anniversary!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home