Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Devotions 22-08-06

Prov 16:31-33
"A gray head is a crown of glory, it is found in the way of righteousness. He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit, than he who captures a city. The lot is cast into the lap,but its every decision is from the Lord."

Getting old and getting gray headed is a sign that I have followed the ways of righteousness. I have not followed the way of evil and shortened my life by the things that evil produces. It is a crown on a life that follows the purposes of God but still may not be a believer. Does that make sense? I am having a little trouble just seeing what God means by this statement. What do you think it means?

God says that being slow to get angry is better than some one who is very strong and in like fashion someone who is in control of his spirit is better than who can capture a city. It is important that I control my spirit and not allow others or situations to stir me up and cause me to lose control. In Gal 5:22,23 the fruit of the Holy Spirit is self-control.

There is no such thing as chance in the sight of God even the casting of a lot or the rolling of the dice. I think I am lucky or unlucky and there is no such thing. God is in control of every decision. Wow!!! That should change the way I view God!

Lord, I thank You for the 70+ years you have graciously given to me. You have crowned me with more than just gray hair but with blessings upon blessings and I am very grateful. I do want to be so in tune with you that the Holy Spirit would keep my spirit in control and honor You with my attitude and my spirit toward others and situations you bring into my life. You do reign over all things and there is no accidents with You because You are the Almighty God who is in control. Hallelujah!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home