Monday, August 21, 2006

Devotions 21-08-06

Prov 16:1-3
"The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord. All the ways of a man are clean in his own sight, but the Lord weighs the motives. Commit your works to the Lord, and your plans will be established."

God has given some good advice on planning. There seems to be a lot on planning in Proverbs. I think God expects me to do some thinking about what I would like to do. He also makes it clear that although I need to make plans He does not turn loose of His control over the events of life.

My plans need to be made from my heart and not an impulsive idea that has little foundation. Yet I know that true answers for life does not come from me but the Lord who is the giver of answers. This ought to keep me humble but I still manage to take more credit for things than I should.

When I consider what I am doing I tend to feel pretty confident in my actions but God will generally test my motives. I often fail the test and find that my motives are not as clean as I thought. God is so good to help me purify my motives.

So what I must do is to give to the Lord my work and my plans and let Him do the refining . When I give God His rightful place in my life then He will allow my plans to be established which is really His revised plans. They are always the best.

Lord, I am so grateful that You are God over all that I plan. I need to plan more and let you refine my plans so I might accomplish all you have for me to do in my life. Help me to take seriously your instructions and give you the glory for all You do in and through my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home