Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Devotions 30-09-08 (Lu 9:49-50)

Luke 9 "And John answered and said, "Master, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name; and we tried to hinder him because he does not follow along with us" But Jesus said to him, "Do not hinder him; for he who is not against you is for you."

How do I feel toward fellow believers that are not doing the things I am doing. Do I feel my calling or my way of doing things is right and their way is wrong. We both are seeking to follow the scriptures but we just do not see thing the same way. I think Jesus is saying here do not try to get everyone to join your calling and do not hinder others who may be doing the ministry a little differently than you. My responsibility is to share the good news of Christ and to help people grow in their faith.

A Christian Leader, Waldron Scott once said "Most of the work of God in the world is done by those who are tired or do not feel well and who are off in their doctrine". You would think those who are correct in the doctrine and are in good health would be the ones most zealous in sharing Christ and teaching others the scriptures. Sometimes I get more critical of others than I should and that distracts me from doing what God has called me to do. I must be focused on doing well what God has called me to do and let my life and example encourage others to follow the Lord according to the scriptures and to be like Jesus.

Lord, give me a loving heart for all who are seeking to know You and to serve You. Protect me from being overly critical and to allow others to distract me from doing what You have called me to do. There is so much work to do in the world concerning Your Kingdom; I must be focused on Your calling to me and seek to be more like Jesus in the process. Help me to be a genuine encouragement to other believers and not be critical of what they are sincerely doing. Help me to honor You in all my work and the way I relate to others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home