Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Devotions 23-09-08 (Ps 68:15-16)

Ps 68:15-16 "A mountain of God is the mountain of Bashan; a mountain of many peaks is the mountain of Bashan Why do you look with envy, O mountains of many peaks, at the mountain which God has desired for His abode? Surely, the Lord will dwell there forever."

I have been reading this passage for several days and trying to grasp what God is saying that would help me in my walk with God. I still am not real sure. There is one thing that is a stong possibility. Let me know what you think, You have to read the whole Ps 68 to get the overall picture.

God has personified two mountains and points out the envy of one being chosen where God dwells over the other. Do we tend to act the same way when God uses or chooses to use someone more than He does me. I think God is trying to help me to see how absurd such envy is.

God is the creator of all things and what He chooses to do with me or for me is His business. I must give Praise to God for all that He does because He is my creator and my God and I am privileged to know Him and to see His mighty acts.

Lord, thank you for all You are doing in our world. Thank you for the privilege of being a child of Yours. You are worthy of all Praise regardless of who You choose to bring You honor and glory. Envy is of satan and his hosts of liars and deceivers. I know Your plan is a perfect plan and You are working that plan and no one can thwart You Holy and beautiful plan for the earth and all here. Lord help me tobe ever alert and sensitive to Your eternal plans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home