Monday, September 29, 2008

Devotions 29-09-08 Lu (9:46-48)

Luke 9 "And an argument arose among them(Jesus disciples) as to which of them might be the greatest. But Jesus knowing what they were thinking in their heart, took a child and stood him by His side and said to them, "whoever receives this child in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me receives Him who sent Me; for he who is least among you, this is the one who is great."

To really understand the above verses you should read all of Luke 9. The disciples were all involved in some amazing events and could see how God could work through them and see the power of God. How would I react to these things happening in my life?

I am sure I would be no better and it is important for me to see what the disciples did wrong. What did they begin to do that I must avoid. I think they forgot that it was God working through them and not themselves. This is so easy to do. I must always keep my focus on the Lord and realize that I am only a channel that God may work through.

It is humility that God desires from His servants and not who is doing the most or who is the greatest. Oh, how the work of God is marred by the greed and selfishness of His servants who want to be noticed for their glory and not God's glory. Isaiah 42:8 "I am the Lord, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another, Nor My praise to graven images."

Lord, help me to truly Humble myself and to give all the glory to You. What I do is such a small part of what You are doing through my life. You are the one who drew me to Youself and it is You who gave me a New Life in Christ and it is the power of the Holy Spirit who gives me any power that I might have. Lord thank You for reminding me again that I must be like a little child to be pleasing to You in my desire to serve You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home