Friday, September 26, 2008

Devotions 26-09-08 (Ps 69:13-15)

Ps 69:13-15 "But as for me, my prayer is to You, O Lord, at an acceptable time; O God, in the greatness of Your lovingkindness, answer me with Your saving truth. Deliver me from the mire, and do not let me sink; may I be delivered from my foes, and from the deep waters. May the flood of water not overflow me, and may the deep not swallow me up, and may the pit not shut its mouth on me."

Have you ever felt like this? It just does not seem like you can keep going for some reason. You are tired or just not feeling well and it seems so hard to get things done. I sure have felt that way before and feeling that way just not.

It seems like the psalmist is discouraged and is asking God to do something quickly because He is about ready to drown in His problems. Maybe he is not discouraged but just overwhelmed with all he needs to do. I can sure identify with his feelings.

We just returned from Estonia after 15year living there for 8 years and in Russia for 5 years with two years inbetween working on the transition. Now we are in the US and I feel exhausted and a bit overwhelmed at all the things I have forgotten about since leaving my home country and getting adjusted to living in other cultures. So you can pray with me in adjusting to my native land and getting some rest from these past fifteen years.

Lord, I know You hear me and I know You are allowing these days for my good. I just need to see what I am suppose to be learning and to be patient in waiting for You to act in my behalf. I am grateful Lord for being allowed to go through these difficult times so I might trust You more and more when I feel so weak and tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home