Saturday, September 20, 2008

Devotions 20-09-08 (Ps 66:18-20)

Ps 66:18-20 "If I regard wickedness in my heart, The Lord will not hear; but certainly God has heard; He has given heed to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, who has not turned away my prayer, nor His lovingkindnes from me."

Prayer is so vital to a believer's life and to my life. Yet the enemy of my soul is always trying to get me to turn from this precious gift God has made available to me. It is clear I can not have sin in my life and expect God to hear my request to Him. What peace floods my soul when I know I have not hidden my sin from Him and I am confident that He hears the requests I bring to Him.

What praise and gratefulness I must express when I know He hears my prayer and that His lovingkindness is toward me. There is so much God has done for me and I still stumble and let the world pull me away from the riches He offers me.

Lord, I first ask Your forgiveness for my lack of fervent and grateful prayer for all You have given me and my family. How weak I am to hold on to Your Being, the Almighty God above all gods. I need Your strength to enable me to be all that You have created me to be. I love You Lord, and do worship and give You Praise this morning. Lead me today in all You have for me this day.

2 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger Bob Sander-Cederlof said...

Glad to see you are back to blogging! Are you still in Estonia?

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Thanks Bob,

I am in Colo Springs but not settled yet. Yes, we are back from Estonia and will be in the US for awhile. Not sure what is ahead but for sure we will b busy making disciples. We are not retiring but just changing stations. Sorry, I have not gotten out the word yet but a lot happened quickly.I have missed my blogging also. I will share more later.
Good to hear from you. In His Grace, Mel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home