Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Devotions 25-03-08 (Eph 6:19)

"and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel,"

The apostle Paul is writing these thoughts through the work of the Holy Spirit. I am amazed at the simplicity and how specific this request is. I must do the same as I express my requests to others and to God. In fact this very prayer is so important to all of us. I think if I would express this in my own words it would be:
"pray for me that I could speak out clearly by opening my mouth and explain with eagerness and freedom and conviction how wonderful is the gospel or good news of Jesus Christ"

Regardless of how spiritual I am or how successful I am I still must work at the basic issues that God knows I must be doing. Sharing my faith and explaining how great is the salvation that God has provided for me and for the world.

Lord, this is my prayer request as well. I must be more eager to share my faith and not get bogged down in activities and projects and fail to open my mouth to others about the wonderfulness of what Jesus Christ has done for me. This is also for everyone who wants the peace and the joy that this salvation brings to all who will believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home