Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Devotions 26-02-08 (Ps 26:1-3)

"Vindicate me, O Lord, for I have walked in my integrity; and I have trusted in the Lord without wavering. Examine me, O Lord, and try me; test my mind and my heart. For Your lovingkindness is before my eyes, and I have walked in Your truth."

There is something that is great about a person that is truthful and practices honesty in all he does. My father was such a man. I have learned that God is the author of all that is right and pure and honest. He wants me to trust Him and not to waver or to doubt. The Psalmist even tells God to test him in his mind and his heart. I must make up my mind to be honest and also my heart. Both of these must determine to be honest to be a person of integrity.

When I keep my eyes on God and His lovingkindness and live life according to God's truth I will be a man of integrity. There is such peace knowing you have not taken advantage of anyone in what you have said or what you have done. Integrity must be a big part of godliness. What confidence I will have in God if I know He will always do what He says without fail.

The world is so full of lies and deception that it is often very difficult to tell what is the truth. I must be very careful to speak of things that I know that are true and not to pass on half truths or lies which I have heard. I am so grateful that all the words of God are truth. Lord, help me to be a man who can be trusted and will not be involved in any deception or lies. I want to honor You Lord in all I say or do. I want to bring honor and glory to You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home