Thursday, February 07, 2008

Devotions 07-02-08 (Eph 5:23-33)

The passage is on yesterday's blogg. The topic is "the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is also the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body."

The word "head" refers to someone that is in charge and responsible for what is going on. Our physical body gets all it's orders from our brain which is in our head. Christ is the head of His body, which is the church or all believers in Him. He is not only our head but also our Savior. This headship seems to not only give responsibility to lead but also to protect and deliver from harm just as Christ does His Body.

I think it is reasonable to say that as husband of my wife I am to lead her in the ways of God but that I am also responsible to protect her by the abilities that God gives me. I must keep reminding myself that I am doing all this under the authority of God Almighty. It is He that gives me wisdom and strength to do what is right so I am very dependent on Him in every way. I am not more important than my wife but we are co-heirs of eternal life in Christ. God just has given me the responsiblity to lead and to protect her as we both seek to walk with God and to honor Him in all we do.

Leading is an act of my will just as love is an act of the will, which I will cover tomorrow. I am the head or the leader of my wife and family because God has told me to do this. It is not my choice but a command from God. It really is a great privilege but sometimes it can be hard.

Lord, I want to lead and protect my wife as a treasure You have given me. I am very dependent on You and need Your advice and wisdom and strength in everything. Give me the courage to do Your will regardless of how I feel. The way I live and lead will affect generations to come and I cannot possibly do it right without Your Grace. There are no perfect rules to follow but a perfect God to follow and obey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home